The Accounting Assistant will provide administrative and general accounting support to our accounting team at Covenant Christian High School.
- Perform journal entries and reconciliations
- Process accounts payable and receivables
- File, data entry, other clerical duties
- Audit, review, analyze and reconcile assigned accounts, ledgers and reports
- Student Billing Transactions
- Annual account setup
- Posting cash receipts received at Covenant to student accounts
- Communication with parents regarding account balances, payment processing, and collections
- Process bank deposits and maintain monthly cash receipts log
- Blackbaud data entry
- Support CFO & Staff Accountant as needed
- Knowledge of accounts payable terminology and programs
- Great written and verbal communication, and strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with standard accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Workplace
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in an accounting environment
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.