The Advancement Director will plan and implement a development and fundraising program to provide for the short- and long-term needs of Covenant Christian High School.
- Oversees the Advancement office and staff.
- Assigns, plans, and oversees the work of Advancement staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Works with the Principal & CEO to determine the mission, purpose, and priorities of the organization.
- Sets annual monetary goals and budgets according to short- and long-term goals.
- Establishes fundraising objectives for the organization, setting one year, five year, and longer-term goals.
- Oversees the accurate and timely management of donor information utilizing Raiser’s Edge donor database system.
- Maintains a list of potential financial donors including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Produces relevant and informative fundraising literature for distribution to previous donors and the public.
- Researches potential sources of, and applies for, grants and public funding.
- Oversees the fundraising process and maintains records of receipts and disbursements of funds.
- Plans fundraising events that effectively communicate the purposes of the organization.
- Attend all Executive Team Meetings, Leadership Meetings, and Staff Gatherings.
- Compile periodic reports for the Principal & CEO, CFO, and Board of Directors.
- Attend board meetings, develop and maintain work for the Alumni Relations/Advancement committee.
- Cultivate relationships with potential donors, universities, corporations and regularly solicit for donations.
- Organizes and guides capital campaigns in conjunction with the Principal & CEO and other staff as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of tax planning principles and techniques that favor charitable giving.
- Proficient in Google Suite or similar software.
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge, as well as in-house software designed for foundation and constituent tracking/programming.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Philanthropy or related field, or a bachelor's degree plus training specific to fundraising and advancement.
- Experience in a fundraising environment in K-12 private schools is desired.
- CFRM or CFRE preferred.
- Five years of experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization highly preferred.
- Proven experience in planned giving, middle/major donor cultivation, and/or capital campaign fundraising.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Moderate travel for one-on-one donor meetings or training sessions. Creative solutions to reduce travel and external meetings are encouraged.